Sunday, October 14, 2012

Caesar Salad


I grew up loving salt. I couldn't get enough. I would sit on the couch, watch Barney, and suck on a bullion cube. I would definitely prefer a bag of potato chips over a cupcake any day. Another thing I really enjoyed snacking on were anchovies (weird I know). My mom couldn't believe it when she saw me eating the anchovies out of the can while she was making her Caesar salad dressing. Still to this day my mom's Caesar salad dressing is the best I have ever had. I love making it myself now, and if you love Caesar salad and anchovies as much as I do, definitely try this recipe, I guarantee you will love it!!


Caesar Salad

Serves:  2 main-course, or 4 side dish servings

2 Tbsp Mayo
1 tsp salt
2 Large cloves of garlic, minced
4 Anchovies, minced
2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tsp dry mustard
Juice of ½ large lemon
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/3 cup olive oil
1 bunch romaine lettuce
Homemade croutons
1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Preparation:  About 30 minutes
Sprinkle salt in large wooden salad bowl.  Add garlic and anchovies; mince into paste with two forks.  Blend in vinegar, mustard, lemon juice, pepper, and Worcestershire.  Whisk in olive oil and mayo.  Pour dressing into smaller bowl.
Wash and dry romaine; break into pieces into prepared salad bowl.  Sprinkle with croutons and Parmesan; toss, gradually adding desired amount of dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment